JOB TITLE: FINANCE OFFICER
DUTY STATION: NAIROBI
Job purpose: CREAW is seeking applications for the position of Finance Officer. The finance Officer will be expected to assist in managing, handling, recording and reporting the organization’s funds and assets in a professional and efficient manner and in accordance with international financial reporting standards.
Key Duties/ Responsibility:
- Assist the Finance manager in reviewing of documents and transactions in the organization to ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance and reasonableness of the transactions.
- Prepares and submits to the finance manager financial reports including monthly operating reports, financial statements, audit reports, inventory and capital purchases
- Assist in the crucial process of planning, forecasting and budgeting – Budgetary controls – Monitoring monthly expenses in accordance with authorized budget levels and review of Project reports to ensure correctness.
- Ensuring the transparency and efficiency of the organizations financial operations and to safeguard compliance with the various donor reporting guidelines.
- Maintain data integrity of financial records including the General and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly and timely updated and recorded.
- Analyse and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems, Processes and financial performance. Review accounting, account analysis and reconciliation (banks, cash, Receivables and payables).
- Assist the Finance Manager in Financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis and tracking of CREAW’s Investments and maintaining of relevant cash Reserves.
- Ensuring timely completion of donor reports and management reports.
- Ensure statutory payments are completed and made on time.
- Update financial records by reviewing and posting various General ledger journal entries with recent transactions and changes.
- In charge of all payrolls-delegated authority.
- Assists the Finance Manager towards submitting of the various monthly Management financial reports to the Executive Director and the board as well as the donors when requested
- Manage the preparation of all management and donor reports
- Facilitate the quarterly review by the appointed Auditors.
- Ensuring timely and professional communication between the finance department and internal and external customers.
- Supervising the finance and accounting staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist the Finance Manager and Fundraising Manager In Resource Mobilization
- Any other duty that might be allocated to them.
Academic qualifications, experience, skills and personal attributes:
- Knowledge of major NGO donor funding regulations is preferred.
- Have working knowledge of the ERP system or integrated computer systems preferably Proficiency in Microsoft office skills Ms Excel and MS Dynamic NAV.
- Ability to work under competing priorities with strict deadlines.
- Have a personal commitment to work as a reliable, honest and trustworthy team member.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team approach.
- Good judgment, tact, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Have customer relations skills and to deal patiently with all categories of staff.
- Good time management skills and is able to deliver with minimal supervision.
Related Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting/business administration/finance/economics or other relevant area of study OR/AND.
- Must have professional qualification with a minimum of CPA K.
- Have proven financial management experience and managing grants from development partners for a minimum of 4 years will be an added advantage
Those who qualify and are interested should send an application letter expressing their expected salary and their updated curriculum vitae (CV: email@example.com on or by the 29th April 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.