Job Title: Procurement Officer
Duty Station: Head Office – Nairobi
Closing date: 12th April 2019
The Procurement Officer shall be reporting to the Finance Manager and they will be is responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the technical and operational needs of the organization; ensure all procurement and associated processes are executed in accordance with CREAW and its donor’s requirements and in line with the set regulations and policies. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining the integrity of the procurement process, including accurate procurement documentation. Working closely with different departmental heads towards ensuring efficient accomplishment of the various procurement and administrative assignments
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative – 30%
- Organizing office, project/ program meeting in consultation with the program officers.
- Prepare daily correspondence related to administrative, financial and human resources matters.
- Assisting the finance personnel with clerical duties like filing, typing, etc
- Supplier Management – 30%
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Review and analyse all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Responsible for conducting both regular and impromptu spot checks through field visits for verification purposes towards ensuring that the products and supplies are high quality
- In charge of the preparation of Service Level Agreements, management of proposal evaluation and vendor selection processes by carrying out bid analysis.
- In consultation with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, preparation of Terms of References for both consultants and suppliers.
- Procurement – 30%
- Manage all field‐initiated procurement processes from beginning to end, ensuring compliance with CREAW and donor regulations.
- Responsible to ensure accuracy of all procurement documents including contracts, sub-contracts, solicitations, amendments, proposals, purchase orders, memoranda, LSO’s , SLA’s etc.
- Periodically audit CREAW’s procurement management system to ensure accuracy, quality and completion of relevant documentation.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- To coordinate physical office space planning, identification of office assets, equipment and maintenance of the same.
- Responsible for all booking and reservation of activities for the organization.
- Ensure goods and services are received as per contract/LPO.
- Liaise with Finance for efficient payment of suppliers and consultants.
- Reporting – 10%
- Participate in and organize activity budgeting and work planning in support of anticipated operations and technical needs and develop a procurement plan.
- Responsible for analysing costed Work plans from the project staff and generating monthly cash flows that inform the process of purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Work closely with the finance team complete duties as needed
Performing any other related duties as may be assigned for the overall success of CREAW Programmes.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PERSONALITY DESIRED:-
- Must possess a minimum of Diploma and or a Degree in Purchasing and supplies management.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role (Essential).
- Strong analytical and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a complex environment including multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Highly proficient in Ms Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Applications of female candidates is highly encouraged.
Those who qualify and are interested should send an application letter expressing their interest and their updated curriculum vitae (CV: email@example.com by 3pm on the 12th of April 2019. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.