Centre for Rights Education and Awareness (CREAW) is national, women human rights non – governmental organization based in Nairobi and whose mission is to expand and actualize women’s rights while its vision is a transformed and just society.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
CREAW‘s interventions are anchored in its strategic plan which articulates the organizations strategic focus, areas of implementation and expected outcomes of its work. CREAW’s current strategic plan comes to an end in 2018 and as such CREAW is seeking to retain professional services to support its planning process for its next strategic period.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The successful candidate will be required to work with CREAW’s board, management and staff to:
- Collate information from CREAW’s previous strategic review and end term project evaluations to determine the extent to which CREAW has achieved its strategic outcomes in the ending strategic period. This will include interviews with CREAW development partners, beneficiaries, peer organizations and non state actors CREAW works with.
- Carry out an analysis of the changing environment, priorities and opportunities for women rights amongst development partners, Government of Kenya through its medium and long term development frameworks and policies, grassroots communities in which CREAW works.
- Using the results of the analysis, facilitate a series of strategic planning sessions with CREAW’s board, management and staff which will assess the efficacy and relevance of CREAW’s current operations and help determine the organizations new strategic focus and the change management measures and practices that CREAW must adopt for the next strategic period.
A comprehensive strategic plan that clearly defines;
- CREAW’s focus for the next strategic period and outlines well informed strategies and priority interventions that effectively and innovatively respond to the changing environment, priorities and opportunities for women rights locally, regionally and globally.
- A comprehensive change management plan which outlines the approaches the organization must employ to address any re-deployment, selection, separation, early retirement, retraining, leave (of all types) and a grievance procedure.
- An implementation framework to guide the rolling out of the change management plan.
- A robust monitoring framework that monitors the expected change and impact of CREAW‘s work in relation to the change management plan.
Time-frame The assignment will commence in August 2018.
- Proven experience in strategic planning and organizational change management and business process reviews across the private and/or public sectors as well as an understanding of women rights.
- Experience in working with, or supporting, the development of new and innovative approaches, particularly in all areas relating to human resource management;
- Track record in performance management, human resource development, innovative learning strategies and incentive program, knowledge management;
- Familiarity with the changing development aid environment particularly aid delivery, donor harmonization and alignment and aid cooperation in general is an added advantage.
- Ability to translate strategic thinking and innovative ideas into practical operational recommendations; and
- Solid analytical, presentation, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
Recruitment Qualifications: Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in Law, Social Science and related fields.
Application Procedure: All applicants should include the following;
- Cover letter
- A written technical and financial proposal: The technical proposal should include
- Brief explanation about the consultant with particular emphasis on previous experience in this kind of work including CV and experience of all persons to be involved in the work.
- Understanding of TOR and the task to be accomplished
- Proposed methodology / approach the consultant will use.
- Time and time-bound activity schedule
- Costs per activity line.
- Draft work/implementation plan.
- Organization profile (if it is a company applying) or personal capacity statement
- h) Sample of previously surveys/research reports.
The application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the title of the consultancy in the email subject matter by Friday 27th July 2018.